Up to half of all women experience weakness in both the abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles after pregnancy and up to a third still have a gap in their tummy muscles at 8 weeks post birth.
Gift vouchers available
This can cause instability or poor core strength leading to women developing pelvic or back pain or bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction.
A Mummy MOT is a specialist postnatal examination for women following both vaginal and caesarean deliveries.
It will assess how your posture, pelvic floor muscles and stomach muscles are recovering after birth. And if they’re not, then we can provide you with exercises and treatment to help in your recovery and to return to exercise safely.
The Mummy MOT is performed by a Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist, who must also be a qualified Mummy MOT practitioner.
The MOT is designed for all women who have had a baby so whether you are 6 weeks or 6 years postnatal, the Mummy MOT is for you.
What does the Mummy MOT include?
- A 75 minute assessment with Louise
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
- Abdominal muscle examination to identify any separation or gapping
- Screening for any bladder, bowel or sexual dysfunction
- Your rehabilitation programme
- A written report summarising the findings of your assessment
If you have any questions or would like more information then please do get in touch.